I am addicted to making clipboards. I love them. I love choosing the papers, I love how quickly they come together and I love having them around. When I take them to craft shows to sell, people look at them, think they are cute and then say “what would I do with one?”
So, in no particular order, here are 10 of my favorite ways to use clipboards:
1. Use it to hold a gratitude list. This clipboard sits prominently in my kitchen and reminds me to be happy.
2. Use them for chore charts. I give one to each of my children and they cross off their job when it’s done. I don’t have to remember what I told them, and they know when they can go play.
4. Use them to organize. This kind of goes with no. 3, but I use different clipboards to hold papers for different subjects, ideas and things I want kept together.
8. Use them for a perpetual calendar. I made this one as a demo for a super Saturday class I’ll be teaching, but it will probably land on my calendar. Write the date and name of birthdays and anniversary’s and any other date that stays the same every year. Again, use a binder clip on the bottom to hold dates of birthdays that aren’t necessarily ones you want to have on the permanent calendar (like kid’s teachers, etc.)
10. Last, but not least (and certainly not only) I have had this idea rattling around in my head for a while. I am going to put this one in my bathroom and hang it on the wall so I can see it every day. I love the sentiment and look forward to starting my day with it’s message. But, when another thought strikes my fancy, I can change it out. But it will look lovely (better than the post-its I usually use) while it’s there.
Go get some terrific organization ideas here:
AnonymousSeptember 2, 2010 at 1:45 am
Hi! I was so excited to find that you've included my clipboards with your Top 10 Ideas for clipboards! Thanks! Love all your ideas . . . and oh the possibilities!
LeanneSeptember 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm
I love clipboards too. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday through Saturday and would love for you to join the party. There's a great giveaway too. Hope to see you there.
RachelleSeptember 5, 2010 at 7:01 am
These are some great ideas! I especially love the last one with the beautiful quote by Pres. Hinckley. I never thought of using a clipboard as a decoration with a quote on it, great idea.
I found your link on "We're Organized Wednesday's" link party. I'm a new follower!
LeanneSeptember 15, 2010 at 7:30 am
I love all your clipboard ideas. They're one of my favorite organizing tools, especially for kids homework. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday. Hope to see you again this week.