The fabric for this project was provided by Riley Blake Designs for participation in the Dream Fabric project tour. The projects and opinions are all mine.
Looking for a quick, fun, easy to sew project? Today I am sharing 7 simple sewing projects to make this weekend. Beginner friendly, minimal fabric and supply requirements and many with video tutorials. Any of these projects are sure to get your creative juices flowing!
Dream is such a beautiful line of fabrics. Especially if you are a rainbow lover like me! Every color in the rainbow is included. And some rainbow prints are part of this line as well! I especially love the tone on tone prints- they make perfect blender prints for projects!
7 simple sewing projects for your weekend sewing
All of these free projects can be found on my blog! Some of them have been included in my Summer Sewing Series: Let’s SEW! If you sign up for my newsletter you will get the included PDF patterns right in your inbox!
Sling bag, Mini notebook cover and bookmarks
- Simple Sling Tote: This project is one of my most popular. These little totes are perfect for kids to haul around. No interfacing needed! Just a couple fat quarters and a WOF strip is all you need.
- Fabric Covers for Mini Notebooks: Turn a plain mini composition notebook into a favorite journal with a custom fabric cover. The elastic closure keeps all your secrets safe. YouTube video tutorial here. (part of the summer sewing series)
- Tasseled Fabric Bookmarks: So easy to sew and so fun to use! Inspire your kids to read with these fabric bookmarks. Perfect for using up scraps! Watch the video here. (summer sewing series)
Lanyard, wrist strap, wallet, chapstick holder
- Wrist strap: These make fabulous key chains!
- Chapstick Holder: Another super popular post- this scrap friendly project is so handy you will find yourself making more than one so you can put them everywhere! Video tutorial here on YouTube. (summer sewing series)
- Fabric Lanyard: I love to make these as gifts! So fun and easy. Especially when you combine them with a mini wallet or chapstick holder- or both! Video Tutorial here. (summer sewing series)
- Mini wallet: perfect for sticking on a lanyard for hands free summer fun! Or add a wrist strap to keep it easy to find in a larger bag! YouTube tutorial is linked here. (summer sewing series)
All together these projects would make such a fun birthday gift or a fantastic set to sew in preparation for a road trip or summer vacation! I’d love to know what you want to make first! Follow me on Instagram @amerooniedesigns for behind the scenes, reels and fun! Then tag me in your makes so I can see them and share. (with your permission of course!) Happy Sewing! Amy